Sunday, October 28, 2007

4 Days and Counting

Yup, 4 days until we leave for Potosi, Missouri to attend the Adventure Race National Championships. Gotta start packing and organizing gear. The race is unsupported so I don't have any need to pack my usual 5 pairs of running shoes and 14 midweight baselayers. My OutSpokin'-Enduraventure teammates and I are ready for this race, so I hope we represent well. Are there swamps and mosquitos in the Ozarks? I sure hope not...

I bailed on the cross race today and instead did a 3 hour "adventure ride" at Blankets Creek and Lake Allatoona. The lake is empty (as usual in the winter) so you can pretty much ride wherever. I like to follow the four-wheeler tracks, as they generally make pretty good bike trails. I'm trying to come up with a decent off-road loop to help me keep my sanity during base riding.

1 comment:

Neal said...

Hey Lisa,

great to read your blog! keep it up!

All the VERY best for ntionals!!! If I can find an internet cafe that serves cold beer in Boliiva I´ll keep tabs on you for the whole race ;)

Race smart and put it all on the line!

Good luck & cheers,
Nel