Sunday, November 11, 2007

Here we go Again...

Well, today is my last day of lounging around and being lazy. Its time to dust off the heart rate monitor, get back on the wagon and start base training. I used to do my base training exclusively on the road bike, but this year I'm going to mix in about 50% off road riding and just keep myself under control. I've had somewhat of a breakthrough lately as far as my technical riding goes, so I don't want to lose that over the winter. I will also be running 2x a week, as well as swimming and lifting 2x per week. My schedule at work is flexible enough so that I can do some of my workouts during 11 am -2 pm when it is nice and warm. It means staying at the office until it gets dark, but at least I can get my workouts in before the chill sets in.

The OutSpokin' bike demo yesterday was a great success. We had approximately 35 people come out and demo a bike or two. The most popular ride was the Specialized Stumpjumper Expert, which is a 5" travel all-trail bike. I test rode the women's specific version, the Specialized Safire Expert. The Safire was very cushy and a comfortable ride. It featured an upright riding position and handled the decents with ease. While the bike is not an agressive race machine, it is well suited to recreational riders who are looking for comfort and high end componentry.

No comments: