Sunday, December 2, 2007

Recovery Week Here I Come!

Whew! I just finished my third week of base/strength training. I logged 18 hours of bike, run, weights, and swim this week which was a bit above what my training plan called for. The weather has been great and I was able to get outside almost every day this week.

This coming week I'm taking a Triathlon Swimming class at the YMCA in an attempt to isolate and hopefully fix some of my stroke deficiencies. I don't spend a lot of time on my swimming, but I like to get in the pool twice a week because I feel it helps my overall fitness. Its a five night class so hopefully it will help me improve my technique.

Chris and I are also finishing up our planning and mapping for the Orienteering Meet we are directing next weekend for the Georgia Orienteering Club at Vickery Creek in Roswell, GA. The park has some interesting features including a cool "trail" that traverses a cliff over the river as well as some fairly unforgiving vegetation. The venue hasn't been used for a while, so hopefully everything will run smoothly.

No comments: