Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Scott Scale 15 Test Ride

I FINALLY had a chance to ride my new Scott Scale 15 today. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with just about everything about this bike. It handled remarkably well and had nice quick steering. The fatty 2.25" Schwalbe Racing Ralph tires corner like nothing else and are so cushy that I don't even notice that I'm riding a hardtail. The front end is really light, so it rolls nicely over most obstacles without much effort. In fact, this bike is so light that I may be blown off the trail given a strong enough wind. Acceleration??? Yeah, we got that too. This bike is way more efficient than my full suspension. I even tried out a new saddle and it seemed to be pretty comfy. The only thing that needs tweaking are the grips and the handlebar. The Scott geometry seems to agree with my proportions a bit better than the Turner, so I may have a new favorite bike. Tomorrow I'll actually hit the dirt before it gets dark, so I'll test it out on some rougher, steeper terrain and see how it does. Once it gets dark I'll meet up with the OutSpokin' crew for a night ride.

No comments: