Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Back to the Bike

Well, the Navigator Cup is over so now I'm back to focusing on my riding with a few adventure races sprinkled in. The Extreme-O was pretty fun, except for the last 5 minutes where we had to crawl under a wet tarp over the muddy lakebed. I was clean up to that point, so to have to get my clothes, shoes, and pack all nasty for really no good reason was a bit annoying. The final test was to ride a micro-mini bike a short distance. It had absolutely nothing to do with orienteering, but was entertaining nonetheless. Despite my bad second day run, I still had a good time at the Navigator Cup and have proven once again that a bad day on the trail is STILL WAY BETTER than a good day at the office.

The weather seems to not be cooperating with my training rides. Its been wet, so all the local trails are closed and tomorrow is supposed to be pretty cold, so I'll likely be suffering on my road ride.

No comments: