Saturday, January 19, 2008

Georgia Navigator Cup - Day 1

Day One of the Georgia Navigator Cup was pretty freaking miserable. 38 degrees and raining for the entire time. (Actually, it let up about 15 mins before I started, then decided to come down even harder about 5 mins before I started.) I was completely saturated by 10 minutes in, and had to really hustle to keep myself warm. The course itself wasn't too bad. I moved quickly due to my newfound running fitness, but I chose some conservative routes that took me a bit out of my way. I wore my new spiked shoes and they worked great on the mud and wet leaves. There wasn't anything that I couldn't run full speed on, so hooray for that, but I ended up 2.5 minutes down for the day due to my route choices. So now I'm sitting in second place, but the door is definitely open. Unfortunately the competitor I'm chasing is crazy fast, so I still have a lot of work to do. We'll have to wait and see how tomorrow goes.

No comments: