Sunday, January 27, 2008

This should be fun...keeping track of lost gear

So I've decided to start keeping a tally of all the gear I lose in a year. I figure if you add up all the socks, gloves, sharpies, first aid kit supplies, bike tools, hats, shoes, etc. that manage to disappear everytime I go to a race, it would end up being in the hundreds of dollars. Also included are items that disappear from being left on the roof of my car (and me driving off with them up there), which range from sports bras to shoe covers. We shall see. I'm off to a good start, as I can't find my $50 gore-tex hat that I used during the canoe section of the race yesterday. Oh well, at least I have an REI dividend coming so I can replace some of the stuff I've lost.

Still no word from the Sandmann folks on the race results. Not being able to tabulate the results and give awards at the conclusion of the race really annoys me. Not only do we not get to represent our sponsors at a podium ceremony, but it leaves you wondering how you actually did.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear that someone else has lost a pair of shoes. People look at me like I'm nuts when I mention that I lost a pair of shoes at Dauset.

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I'm new to adventure racing and did the Sandmann on Saturday. I would love to get your race schedule for 2008 to make sure I don't miss any races. My email address is mpadgett@keystonemg.net

Thanks!
Matt

MEX-WORKS RACING said...

FYI...Do not EVER leave a Garmin on the roof of your car or forget to secure your bike on the back with the wheel lock. Those errors will increase the numbers on your list significantly. It's really ugly to get somewhere and realize they're gone. And then people think you're joking.

Lisa said...

Ha ha..snake creek gap is this weekend so I'll see what I can add to the list..