Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Lounging..

Yup, that's what I'm doing this week. Short recovery rides and a lot of R and R...until Saturday that is, where I will be getting spanked at the Cohutta 100 by the likes of Pua Sawicki, Trish Stevenson, and my TR teammate Carey (and probably a bunch of others too). There are over 30 women in the hundred miler, so it should be pretty exciting. My goal originally for this race was a time of 8:30 to 8:45. With all the asthma issues I've been having since CP Zero, now I'm just hoping to match my time of 9:03 from last year. My biggest fear is not being able to start decently fast and being stuck at the back of the pack through the Brush Creek singletrack. I've committed to doing a few cross country races over the next couple of months in an attempt to get some speed back in my legs. I'm sure its going to really hurt though.

No comments: