Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Too Young to Buy Beer

So I've been moping around because in about two weeks I'm going to hit the big 3-0. Uggghhh..Chris asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I told him I wanted the speedy legs on my 25 year old body. As crafty as he is, I don't think he'll be able to deliver on that one.

I was at the grocery store this morning stocking up on items for the Tsali 12 hour race this weekend, and I tossed a case of Mikes Hard Cranberry Lemonade into the basket. I generally don't drink alcoholic beverages, but I figured it might be nice after the race and might help me sleep better. When I handed the cashier my drivers license, he entered the birthdate and then did a double take, comparing me with my less than desirable drivers license picture. Then he actually asked me..'78 huh?' in a less than convinced tone. I told him I was going to be 30 in two weeks and he said "You definitely don't look 30." I don't think I looked much like my license photo either, as I had my hair pulled back, an OutSpokin' visor on, and to top it off, I was wearing my retainer. He was probably right to question my age, but I did tell him that he made my day. You have to think though, most underage people don't buy one 6 pack of beer and then $150 worth of groceries...(I made the mistake of going to the store while hungry...)

On the animal front, we found a good home for little Banshee. She was adopted by one of my single coworkers who already has an adult cat. I'm sure she will get lots of attention and hopefully she will like her new feline older brother...and vice versa. We miss her a lot, but wish her the best in her new home.

OK..Time to stop eating all the food I bought at the store and hop on the bike before it rains...

1 comment:

Carey Lowery said...

The big 3-0?? Come on ... wait until you are 39 and the big 4-0 is looming around the corner. Then you can complain.

The good news is (at least I think it is)I still have clients ask me when the doctor is coming in ... even though I have my name with a DR. preceding.