Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Warning!!!!

DO NOT ASSUME THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE RIDING WITH NEAL THAT IT WILL BE A SLOW RIDE!!! Especially don't let him HEAR you say that!

BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN!!!!!

Ugh...legs tired. What I THOUGHT would be a nice, easy road ride with Neal and Kim turned into a really painful pissing match. I was told we were being "too cocky" so SOMEONE decided to open up a can o'whoop yo' azz and attacked EVERY SINGLE CLIMB. Little ones, big ones, gradual, steep, didn't matter...if my front wheel got within a bike length of his front wheel it was GAME ON! I don't know why I fell for it each time, but I have a hard time backing down in a challenge. The good news is that it made the ride a lot more interesting and it went by a lot faster. It probably also helped me with some short intense sprints.

The worst though was the final big hill at the end of the ride. Of course he attacked and I had to answer..I got him but my legs were screaming, arms were like jello, and I was generally unhappy. As the grade eases up he comes flying by on the left, so I go AGAIN. I get him again..but he slows and then launches another attack. AND ANOTHER.. Damn you Neal, just crap out already!!!! I finally get him and declare that I am OFFICIALLY DONE with all this foolishness. So of course on the next climb, he launched another attack, but I let him go...it was all his for the taking.

DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN - HE SEEMS FRIENDLY AND KIND, BUT HE WANTS TO RIP YOUR LEGS OFF!

Thank you, Neal for the FINE workout today!

2 comments:

Neal said...

Hmmm... OK I admit the "I am glad Neal is here because I don't want to ride hard" comment and about a dozen more just like that DID kinda sting...oh how I wish I had a just a BIT more game today! If you poke an old dog with a sharp stick even he will try and bite ya! :)

Truth of the matter is, I hurt myself FAR more then I got to hurt Lisa & Kim (combined!) BUT sometimes in life its worth doing battle knowing your going to lose but also knowing you at least do a little bit of damage along the way ;)

Thanks also for a GREAT training ride...now PLEASE forget all this foolishness before you grind me up this weekend.

Cheers,
Neal

Unknown said...

LOL, that's hilarious.