Sunday, September 20, 2009

Red Top Bubba Goat

Seeing as we've have nothing but downpours this past week, I guess I didn't expect today to be any different. We packed up the car - which it takes twice as long because we seem to have twice as much stuff we have to pack, including our little munchkin. At the last minute, I decided to run the short Bubba Goat course (8K) while Chris did the long course (12K). After completing the "short" course, I'm really glad I didn't do the longer one because the short was plenty long and I got a mother of a blister on my heel that tore open and was shooting fire up my leg every time I had to run up a steep hill. I ran pretty clean - a few less than optimal routes since I was getting annoyed at having to whack through vines, ivy, and small pine trees and one entanglement with a nasty thorn vine, which left me with holes in my tights, shirt, legs and torso. I did make the mistake of NOT skipping one control (which you were supposed to do - I'm blaming it on sleep deprivation) so I ended up being out there a few minutes longer than I really needed to be. Still came in right behind Goble and made him work for the last 50m as I tried to run him down. Felt good...could keep up with Chris, Anna, and the other fast people until our two courses split.

More rain forecasted for tomorrow, so it may be another day on the trainer unless we get a break in the weather that coincides with one of Jayden's naps. I hate to say it but I wish I could at least ride at Blankets, but it has been closed all week due to the massive amounts of rain we've been having. Hopefully the sun will shine again soon!

No comments: