Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend Update

Friday - OutSpokin' light demo and night ride cancelled due to rain. I went and rode anyways but came home so filthy that I had to get in the shower with my riding clothes still on. Got in trouble because of the mess I left in the shower.

Saturday - Took Jayden and Chris shopping in the morning then Chris and Jayden carved a pumpkin.





For some reason, this photo reminds me of mini-me from Austin Powers...







We went to the GAOC Night-O in the evening...still raining. Chris killed everyone using a strategy that involved hitting all the easy to find, closer in, and lower point value controls. He found a ton of them though in an hour. I, on the other hand, chose to go for the far out, hard to find, high point value controls which did not work out so well. Spent close to a half hour running around in circles in a series of ditches trying to locate one of them. Missed the time cutoff by 16 seconds, so was penalized on top of my already crappy run. Did not feel like I even got a good workout in since I was spending so much time looking at my map going WTF...

Sunday - My mom went back to Illinois and later in the morning I went for a ride at Pine Log.















The leaves are really pretty on the trees but I sure hate them on the ground! I'm waiting to get the stick of death in my spokes...getting faster though and forcing myself to work hard on the climbs...gotta put in a good showing this coming weekend at the Cyclocross State Championships if I'm healthy. Jayden got her first cold yesterday and infected both Mommy and Daddy. Despite having a low grade fever and some sinus congestion, she slept ok and was in a good mood, so we are thankful of that.

Today I'm back at work, but am only staying until around noon so I can go home and take care of my little pumpkin.

1 comment:

Carey Lowery said...

Beautiful little girl and you seem to be glowing as well. Sounds like you are already a pro at motherhood.

Zeke got the stick of death not in his derailleur, but in his forearm. A 4 inch gash and 16 stitches. Happened on the Snake.