Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Up North

Merry Christmas to all! We have been in Illinois since Saturday night celebrating the holidays and eating lots of Christmas cookies. It hasn't snowed yet, so we're hoping for some tomorrow. I'm bikeless, but not going too crazy as I've been doing a good bit of running in preparation for the upcoming Georgia Navigator Cup in mid January. The weather has been good by Chicago standards - mid 20's to 30's and sunny. I might go for a ride tomorrow on a borrowed bike, as I'm not used to this much running and my hamstrings are really feeling it. I need to find a trail though, as I've been running on pavement and I think I've seen all there is to see in the Lake Forest neighborhoods. Lake Michigan is nice and frozen, and I can't help but laughing at all the "No Beach Parking" signs that I've seen in the neighborhoods. At least I'll be used to the cold for the first Snake Creek Gap Time Trial!

No comments: