Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend Fun

Another fine adventure up in North Georgia. Kim and I decided to go ride at an undisclosed location for some CPZero Race Training. It started out pretty Dismal, with a nice 1500 vertical ft straight-up hike-a-bike to a high ridgeline, only to find out that the "unverified" (and apparently nonexistent) trail that might have been going down the other side wasn't there. So we ended up going the long way around on some fire roads. Next we checked out the "route of suffering" on the TransGA route. Appropriately named it would seem. We continued to weave around going from fireroad to paved road and back again. We must have crossed at least 20 big creeks...the kind that get your feet soaked, including one major river crossing. Toes were not happy..ever. I only wiped out once, as it would appear that I'm not very good at riding my hardtail down leafy-baby head strewn descents. We even had the pleasure of riding a section of fireroad that was also the creekbed..pretty neato with little rapids and all. The last 5 miles on the road were sketchy due to the 30-40 mph wind gusts that would come by and abruptly blow us one way or another. By the time we circled back to the car, I had 57 miles on my computer. They were pretty slow miles as I'm thinking we rode for just under 6 hours and pushed our bikes for 30-40 minutes. I'm glad to be home and have some feeling back in my toes. Next time I'm wearing my shoe covers...

No comments: