Saturday, May 3, 2008

Resting..sort of

I've been pretty good lately trying to keep up my strength while allowing my respiratory system time to heal..mostly lower intensity, shorter rides and hitting the gym 3 times per week. Lots of strength work on the bike and singlespeeding, be on the look out for my new, ripped, beefcake physique coming soon. (ha ha yeah right!)

Since we haven't been racing, we have learned that it sucks to be home on Saturdays...Why you ask? Solicitors..mostly various brands of religion and people trying to sell the newspaper or cut our grass. Today I ignored the doorbell and it was actually the mail lady trying to deliver a certified package...so I had to go chase her down. Whoopsie.

In other exciting news, I start a new job in two weeks. It seems to be a great opportunity for me and they are a flexible company that allows their employees to telecommute a couple of days a week, which is fantastic, especially given the increasing gas prices. I'm taking a position as a Senior Engineer which is exciting and scary at the same time. I mean, I still get carded occasionally at R-rated movies, so the thought of me being a "senior" anything is kind of funny. Hopefully once I'm settled in, I will enjoy the new people and new projects. I will really miss my present coworkers and one of them even made me cry yesterday once they heard that I gave my notice..I know..I'm such an emotional wimp!

No comments: