Saturday, July 5, 2008

Training Camp - Day 2

Getting out of bed was tough this morning - especially since Blue Ridge had a morning rain shower. The Greenhill's and Neal went to the Blue Ridge 4th of July festival while Chris and I slowly got ourselves together for a morning ride. He swapped out my brake pads, so I was actually able to stop on the downhills, which made them a lot more fun as I didn't have to check my speed so much. We rode Flat Creek a couple of times which was awesome. We rode it counterclockwise, so we got to bomb the rocky, rooty doubletrack section, which was a lot better than climbing it. After a couple of hours we returned to the cabin and had lunch.

Ride number two was a solo ride around Green Mountain, Lake Blue Ridge, Long Branch, and the Turkey Farm. I was dripping with sweat after Green Mountain so I ended up jumping in the lake down by the Turkey Farm. The combination of mostly singletrack and steep climbing left me pretty tired by the end of the second ride. I ended up with 5 hours and now I'm pretty pooped.

I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to ride tomorrow, as everything around here is pretty steep. Kim is coming up with fresh legs, so hopefully Neal will take her riding while I putz along by myself. Just the THOUGHT of having to work hard is making me grumpy.

No comments: