Wednesday, October 15, 2008

While you were working....

We went for another long ride today...my second ride over 3 hours since TransRockies. The weather was again perfect, although a little brrrr chilly in the morning. We started out climbing, so we warmed up pretty fast and got here...



Cruised along the ridge for a while...



Then turned down this road...



Which became this trail...which had about a gazillion spider webs and a nasty little creek crossing at the end. It appeared to be only knee deep, but I sunk into the silt so much that it ended up being over waist deep..no pics for a while - camera had to dry out...



Next we climbed an ATV trail to a gap that gave my granny gear a good workout. After a short, woodsy descent off the backside, we came out on another FS road that was pretty rough. Tell me again why I choose to ride a hardtail for these rides?

This is about where I took a yellow jacket to the head...owwie!



We rode a somewhat crappy FS road for a while, then decided it was really just too crappy, so we did a short bushwhack over to this trail...



Much better!



After that, we climbed FS 69 back up to the ridge and bombed down on some rocky singletrack. I wish I had pics but I didn't want to stop. Ran into some hikers...one of which kindly warned me of a big rock in the trail...thanks, I hadn't noticed with the 3,647,263 other rocks that I had already run over.

After that it was a rolly cruise back to the cars, complete with a fly by of the Army Ranger attack chopper.

No comments: