Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Flying South

Yeah, summer can arrive ANY DAY NOW! Kim and I went on my coldest road ride in a long time today.

Temp at start: 27
Temp at end: 34

I KNOW, you're thinking I need to toughen up and stop whining (especially my mom who just had, what, -17 in Chicago??) but its COOOLLLLDDD, especially since it was windy today, AND we were on road bikes.

Thankfully we both have ample clothing to stay warm, but having to breathe through a buff to warm the air is a real drag.

The good news is that it will warm up into the 50's for Sandmann this weekend, although it will probably be raining.

1 comment:

Carey Lowery said...

Yeah, the buff thing is hard to manage, especially when you need to blow your nose or eat/drink. My coldest road ride was 17 degrees last week. I want global warming!