Thursday, July 9, 2009

Packing

We're headed to the Chicago area for the weekend for a tandem baby shower for myself and Chris's sister. We are both due about 5 days apart. No, we didn't plan it like that..

I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of family members that I haven't seen since our wedding and of course some good food. I was promised Bob Chinn's on Saturday night (kick ass seafood place) and the shower is at Pappadeaux on Sunday. Any weight I haven't gained thus far, I will be sure to make up for this weekend!

Yesterday we had a nice ride in North Georgia - about 4 hours of fireroads and lots of climbing. It was overcast and relatively cool, but the roads were squishy in places and we finished the ride covered in mud freckles. I think that was the first wet ride I've had in several months.

My S-works still fits comfortably but my knees are definitely hitting my belly now when I sit down and pedal. I guess that's why I like to stand up so much :) Still waiting on the new 29er singlespeed...I have a feeling the gods will taunt me by having it show up right about the time I go into labor, or right after the delivery when the last thing I'd want to do is be in the saddle!

No comments: