Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday

Had a nice ride today with Chris up near Ellijay. We essentially did the route used for Southern Cross in reverse, so we could do the big climbing at the beginning of the ride. I was a little concerned that it might be a bit over ambitious since my rides during the last 3 weeks have been in the 2 hour range (mainly due to time constraints and riding partners), but I felt pretty good and was able to climb pretty much the same as usual. I keep telling Chris that at some point I WILL get way slower, but he thinks I'm lying..

Honestly, I'm amazed that he was able to go blazing down FS 17 and 630 with no rear brake whatsoever...I wouldn't have been so brave! The pavement ride from Crandall back to FS 18 was pretty hot, especially compared to the shady forest roads, so we stopped at the river and cooled off and refueled. I dropped some crumbs from a blueberry muffin into the river and attracted some pretty big fish that came right up to me...probably tastes better than worms, so I'll remember that should I ever take up fishing (ha!).

Tomorrow we should hopefully finish the nursery and I might hit Blankets for a SS ride in between thunderstorms if I'm feeling motivated. The One9 hasn't come in yet (grr) so I'm still impatiently waiting.

No comments: