Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tick Tock

That's me a ticking-time bomb...wondering when I will actually pop. I'm less than a month out so I guess it could be any day now. Thankfully it wasn't yesterday, as we went for a MTB ride in the rain, but in all honesty, it was nice to not have the sun beating down on us. And hopefully, it won't be this Saturday either, as Chris is racing at the Strong AR and I think his teammates will be just slightly annoyed if I go into labor and force them to pull out of the race. Frankly, I'll be slightly annoyed too, because I think his team will do really well. Next week though...I'm completely open!

We had another doc visit/ultrasound today and by their estimations, the little porker is up to 6 lbs 2 oz already. I guess it's all the apple dumplings, ice cream, and chocolate milk (all "recovery" food) I've been eating. So much for having a small baby, as I'm sure she'll pack on another 2+ pounds if I go the entire 40 weeks...ugh. It also just goes to show that the amount of weight you gain does not determine how big the kid is gonna be when it pops out, so somebody please tell those doctors who recommend a 30 lb minimum weight gain that it just makes the women plump up, not their offspring.

Gotta go stretch my legs on a hike tonight and maybe will go ride at Red Top tomorrow.

No comments: