Monday, August 10, 2009

Jacks River Falls and Tanasi

Had a fun weekend out in the woods. Convinced Chris to ignore all the household chores we needed to do and instead go for a hike to Jacks River Falls on Saturday. It was pretty as usual, but very crowded. Lots of girls in bikinis, but I was afraid to take my shirt off for fear of making everyone run and hide!

On Sunday, we headed up to the Ocoee Whitewater Center so that Chris, Bryan and Kim could do a little training before the Strong AR this weekend. They decided to do mostly forest service roads, so I joined them on their ride. I have to say the riding is getting tougher on me, but I managed to survive another 3 hours in the saddle. I'm really starting to have a hard time getting enough calories in for both me AND my passenger and my legs just aren't recovering like they used to. My body used to buffer lactic acid much more efficinently, not to mention this extra weight HAS to be slowing me down. I keep telling myself that I'll be stronger afterwards, so that is my light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments: