Monday, June 9, 2008

Canoe-O and Tapering

This past weekend was relatively pleasant, although it was scorching hot! Saturday we tried to get in a road ride before it got too hot, but we didn't roll out of bed early enough so we ended up getting cooked alive on the asphalt. I came home and went and lounged at the pool for an hour or so, then we went and did some shopping.

Sunday was the Georgia Orienteering Club's Canoe-O, which was a lot of fun and a good chance for me to practice steering the canoe, since I haven't had to do that since last summer. Chris, Kim and I nailed the course, although it wasn't very challenging, and took home top honors on the day. Then Kim and I hit the MTB trail where I unknowingly (following Kim's direction) rode into some huge whoop-te-do and didn't carry enough momentum to make it up the other side. I ALMOST made it then had to fall over to maintain the maximum coefficient of friction with my body so I wouldn't slide all the way back down. Ugh..I didn't want to move and was clawing at the ground to get myself back up. I'd love to watch that section of trail on a muddy day!

After the ride, I hit the lake while Kim and Chris went to ride some more. It was pretty relaxing, although the water temperature could have been 5-10 degrees cooler. The rest of this week I'm resting and tapering a bit for Saturday's race. Depending on how this weekend goes, I need to decide if I'm going to race the Cowbell 12 hour. Its a long drive, and I won't have support so I'm leaning towards no, but I do need to get some more racing in.

1 comment:

Neal said...

Congrats!

Great job Lisa!

Cheers,
Neal